Chartered Bus Option
We have chartered two buses to transport up to 120 people from Sacramento to Oakland. Bikes belonging to riders taking the buses will be transported by U-Haul trucks, very carefully loaded, and unloaded by trained volunteers. These same buses will provide transportation in the morning from Oakland to the starting line’s for the 45-mile ride in Vacaville (see bus ticket details below).
- 45 one way - 45 mile riders will board the bus at Tech at 7:30 AM and be driven to the starting point in Vacaville. All bicycles will be transported via closed u-haul panel trucks.
- 45 round trip - same as above plus the trip from Sacramento back to Tech at the end of the day. You will board the bus at the south end of the Capitol park. Again, all bicycles will be transported via closed u-haul panel trucks back to tech.
- Return trip from Sacramento to Tech open to any rider.
- Please order only one ticket by entering the number ‘1’ into the appropriate box for the transportation choice you would like to order. (If you have other riders in your family please order their transportation when they register. This will allow us to match a bus ticket to a specific rider.)
- Make the ride length and T-shirt choices at the bottom and click continue to finish the order.
- It's best to first login to your rider account. (important for purchasing transportation since it ties your bus ticket to your account and auto fills the order page)
- Then click on the Products link in the main menu column to the left.
- Please order only one ticket by entering the number ‘1’ into the appropriate box for the transportation choice you would like to order. (If you have other registered riders in your family please login to each separate registered account and order their ticket. This will allow us to match a bus ticket to a specific rider.)
Capitol Corridor Train
1. Folks doing the 68-mile course will take the 8:15 AM train from Jack London Square to Suisun-Fairfield to start that course. You will need to purchase tickets for yourself and make sure to bring a photo ID. We will gather at Oakland Tech at 7 AM and bike to the station together at 7:30 AM. The distance to the station is about 3 miles and should take no longer than 20 minutes. Ticket price is approximately $19.
2. It also is possible to arrange your own transportation home on the Capitol Corridor train. If you choose to take the train home, we strongly recommend purchasing a ticket on the train that departs Sacramento at 5:40 PM. Capitol Corridor is configuring a special car for us on that train, which can accommodate up to 50 riders and their bikes.